I finally have my prologue the way I like it. I think. I wound up cutting roughly 5,000 words. Yikes. I think it works better now though, so I’m ok with the loss. And by doing so, I open up a possible prequel opportunity. I’m not completely sold on the idea, but at least it’s there if I want to.
Now I get to move on to the easy part of the final edit so hopefully it will be a breeze. I just have a few typos that need to be fixed, along with a few plot holes that were supposed to have been taken care of.
I’m on vacation this week (it needs to slow down, it’s already Tuesday), so I have all the time in the world between fishing, swimming, and spending time with our families to work on this. I’m hoping to finish again this week so I can keep my publication date. I need to give my cover artist time to work her magic, so the sooner I finish the better.