Well its the 2nd of the month. Hopefully it goes well for everyone.
This week I’m taking a break from writing (sort of) and I’m preparing my novel for November. Now I’ve been saying this for awhile but this time I actually mean it. I have a lot of work to do and only a week to do it.(And am I doing any of it? No of course not, I’m wasting time on the Internet).
This is a list of what I have to do. I’m sure I’m forgetting something, I’m I just don’t know what at the moment.
- Come up with a basic plot based of the short story I have written
- Type out said short story and assess its strengths and weaknesses
- Figure out the “rules”
- Write an outline so I have something to not follow (That’s what usually happens anyway)
- Work out my settings
- Come up with a reward system
- Organize my work space
- Familiarize myself with the NaNoWriMo website
And this is what I have done. It’s not nearly enough, but I had daily writing to do so that didn’t give me much spare time to work on it.
- Make up note cards regarding most of my characters.
- Made up my NaNo jars.
Have you started preparing yet? What are some things that you are trying to get done before November?